Job Search Workshops
Whether you’re entering the workforce for the first time, need to upgrade your skills, or have recently experienced job loss, our workshops have something for you. We offer a wide range of topics ranging from career exploration and filling out application forms, to preparing for an interview, to knowing what to expect when you get hired.
All of our workshops are facilitated by experienced staff in a small group format that encourages participation in a safe, supportive setting. Sharing information and ideas with others helps you learn practical tips and build confidence in a fun and interactive setting. Workshops are offered as part of our Employment Services Program and are designed to complement the work you may do with one of our employment counsellors.
Different workshops [insert downloadable list of workshops and schedule] are held every week, at both of our Toronto locations. Workshops are open to everyone but you must sign up to confirm your spot. All workshops are 2.5 hours long.
Career planning workshops
- Discover factors that help and hinder goal attainment and develop strategies to challenge and beat procrastination. Learn how to set goals when preparing for a job search.
Your Second Career
- The Second Career Program is designed to help unemployed or underemployed Ontarians get the skills and training they need to find jobs in high-demand occupations. This program is government funded, so any financial support you receive will never have to be paid back. You may be eligible for financial help up to $28,000 to cover your education expenses and assist you in training for a job you love!
Workshops to help you get a job offer
- Uncover your talents, interests, and skills and learn how to market and discuss them during the job search and interview process
Filling Out Application Forms
- What are employers looking for? What should you write on an application form? Gain an understanding of employment terminology and how to successfully complete application forms in this hands-on workshop.
Interview Skills, Part 1
- Learn helpful hints for answering tough interview questions, while determining which questions to ask an employer during your interview.
Interview Skills, Part 2
- Use role play and discussion to develop possible responses to questions related to your past experiences, learn about illegal interview questions, and develop the skills you need to navigate the salary negotiation process.
Interview Skills, Part 3
- Follow up on your practice interview results with a private feedback session and additional role play to become comfortable with successfully completing an interview.
Job Loss and Anxiety
- Gain insight into the stages of job loss and learn ways to deal with change to lessen anxiety. Find out why change is important and develop coping strategies for dealing with change.
- Identify sources of conflict and understand different conflict styles. Explore personal responses and ways to handle workplace conflicts. Learn and practice the assertive communication “I” message formula when dealing with conflict.
Sign up now!
- Workshops often fill up quickly! Enroll now for one or more workshops to reserve your spot.