Job Title: Job Developer, Full-time Contract position
Location: Dundas – West Training Centre – Across Toronto
Hours: 35 hours per week, some evening hours required
Length: Immediately to March 31, 2022 (possibility of extension)
Reports to: Manager, Employment Services
PTP is looking for an individual with exceptional interpersonal communication skills and proven experience as a Job Developer to help our clients, who often experience both individual and systemic barriers to employment, find and keep a suitable job. We’re looking for someone who wants to ‘go the extra mile’ and who cares passionately about working with our client group, someone who develops strong relationships with employers and who will work closely with team members across PTP programs and services to ensure all clients receive the highest level of customer service, care and support in their job search efforts.
- Developing relationships with employers in a variety of industries to ensure successful job placements for job search participants
- Conducting marketing and outreach activities to employers, community agencies and organizations
- Monitoring all placements, overseeing training plan development, and conducting on-going follow- up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Assisting job search participants in targeting suitable employment based on experience and education
- Delivering effective services to employers and clients in person and via phone and/or video conferencing
- Meeting monthly performance targets based on number of Assisted Service Participants set by the Program Manager
- Preparing and supporting participants for interviews
- Coordinating appropriate job interviews for participants
- Coaching, supporting, and monitoring participants in the initial stages of employment while maintaining relationships with employers
- Liaising with employers to identify and obtain job leads
- Working closely with the employment counsellors to ensure the service reflects participants’ needs, abilities, and employment goals
- Maintaining and updating employer database and files with accurate documentation
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Important skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Excellent communication, customer service, organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision
- Sound decision making, judgment and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in developing resumes with limited information
- Knowledge of the current labour market and the challenges experienced by clients who face barriers
- Experience in job development (3 years), employer outreach, employment counselling and/or recruitment
- Experience working with adults who may have low literacy, low educational attainment, learning challenges, disabilities and other, complex barriers to employment would be an asset
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in intensive target-driven programs with the ability to deliver on agreed upon outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resources, Business, Marketing and Communication, or related field of study).
- College Diploma (Human Resources or related field of study)
- Professional Development in current Job Development practises considered a valued asset.
A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is a requirement.
We offer competitive salaries, a benefit package, and a great work culture!
Internal/external Closing Date: May 24
If you are interested in the position, please submit your letter of interest and resume in one document to Milena Lomovic at email@example.com.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage candidates from varied backgrounds, including those who may require accommodation, to apply to join our team.