Personal Support Worker
At Health Bound Health Network we focus on a multi-professional health care delivery model in rehabilitation service, on finding and formulating practical ways to help people recover from a serious illness and injury. In doing that, we bring care, sciences and education together to discover new approaches and implement new techniques.
What you will do:
- Travel to and from clients’ homes within an established schedule/time period.
- Work flexible hours to meet client needs.
- Provide client services following the established Service Plan to a diverse group of clientele residing in a variety of locations where there may be a range of care requirements.
- Support and encourage clients and caregivers by communicating with them and involving them in the provision of their own care when possible and by actively listening and engaging in appropriate interaction.
- Interact with the client, the caregiver and other members of a client’s support network professionally and respectfully.
- Provide personal care which may include, but is not limited to, bathing, grooming, skin care, dressing, toileting, lifts/transfers, mobility assistance, and assisting clients at mealtime.
- Operate mobility devices (e.g. transfer board) to aid in the lift/transfer of clients according to the established guidelines for the safe and proper usage of such equipment.
- Complete household tasks which include, but are not limited to, laundry, making the bed, vacuuming, wiping kitchen surfaces, dusting furniture and other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Prepare nutritious meals for clients that accommodate specific dietary needs.
- Accompany the client to medical appointments, shopping trips and for walks as required. Permission must be obtained from the supervisor in advance.
- Advise supervisor immediately if unable to keep an assignment or late for a scheduled client visit.
- Assist client to perform ADL tasks to maintain and enhance the client’s functional abilities.
- Collaborate with all members of the client care team.
- Create a safe and calm environment while carrying out duties in the client’s home.
- Personal Support Worker Diploma/Certificate
- Provide Police Criminal record check certificate (vulnerable)
- Complete Immunization Records
- Time management skills to follow
- Written communication skills to complete client’s Progress Reports, Occurrence Reports and other required Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, Supervisors, HBHN personnel and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of seniors, persons with disabilities, caregivers and persons with acute or chronic health issues
- Access to a vehicle and driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
Expected start date: 2021-10-12
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply, submit your resume below, addressed to Biljana Milinkovic: