Job Title: Social Worker, Let’s Connect Program
Location: Dundas Training Centre and/or offsite, online delivery
Hours: 35 hours a week with some flexibility in times, Monday–Friday
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract: Full-time contract until March 31, 2022 – with possibility of renewal based on funding
Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000 per annum
Reports to: Program Coordinator
PTP Adult Learning and Employment Programs (PTP) is a community-based organization with two locations in Toronto. Our vision is to empower people to learn and find work they value.
Our mission is to provide basic skills education, job search and related services to individuals preparing for employment, training, or further education. We work to enhance the economic and social circumstances of our participants by creating a rich learning environment where participants identify their interests, develop literacy and essential skills, explore employment goals, and discover individual pathways to success.
Let’s Connect is a 12-week program for OW clients who are seeking support and connection during the COVID-19 pandemic. All components of the program support decreasing the stressors of the pandemic and strengthening stress management skills. Participants can attend weekly workshops online on a variety of topics. As well, they can access one-to-one online or phone counselling, guidance, and support.
The Let’s Connect Social Worker meets with participants weekly for one-to-one sessions to discuss the individual’s challenges in coping with day-to-day life during the pandemic. Teaching ways for lowering stress, providing supports for reducing barriers and maintaining hope for the future are essential elements of these sessions.
• Providing ongoing, one-to-one guidance and support to participants in person, via phone and/or video conferencing
• Teaching stress management skills in one-to-one sessions
• Working with workshop facilitator(s) to ensure excellence in programming and delivery
• Monitoring attendance/addressing issues and concerns with participants
• Making appropriate referrals to other agencies or interventions if required
• Developing a pre/post and midway questionnaire for participants to complete
• Liaising with TESS caseworkers
• Bi-weekly case conferencing with Coordinator and/or Program Director
• Providing assistance in intake, screening and assessment of new participants
• Ensuring all reporting is completed as required
• Preparing program report at the end of each 12-week cycle
• A strong desire to work with people who face multiple barriers to well-being including the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic
• A post-secondary education in Social Work or Counselling and a minimum of 3 years directly related work experience
• Knowledge of online and local supports available, ex. CAMH services, shelters
• Career counselling experience would be an asset
• Knowledge of labour market trends and local vocational training would be an asset
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills in an online setting
• Computer skills: MS Office, the Internet
• Strong administrative skills, detail-oriented and well-organized
Posting Date: July 20th, 2021
Closing Date: August 2nd, 2021
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Claudia Abello by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. PTP will provide accommodation during all steps of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you need any accommodation.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!