Job Title: Workshop Facilitator
Location: Dundas Training Centre and/or offsite, online delivery
Hours: 18 hours a week with some flexibility in times, Monday–Friday
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position: Part-time Contract until March 31, 2022 – with possibility of renewal based on funding
Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000 per annum – prorated
Reports to: Program Coordinator
PTP Adult Learning and Employment Programs (PTP) is a community-based organization with two locations in Toronto. Our vision is to empower people to learn and find work they value.
Our mission is to provide basic skills education, job search and related services to individuals preparing for employment, training, or further education. We work to enhance the economic and social circumstances of our participants by creating a rich learning environment where participants identify their interests, develop literacy and Essential Skills, explore employment goals, and discover individual pathways to success.
Employment Essentials is a 12-week program for OW clients with literacy as a barrier to employment who need assistance in developing an Individual Plan of Action. Program includes weekly workshops on a variety of topics, pre- and post- academic testing and assessments, employment focused inventories, as well as one-on-one counselling, guidance and support. All components will inform and guide the development of a Final Individual Plan of Action for each participant.
The Workshop Facilitator holds responsibility for the delivery of the following series of workshops in person, and/or video conferencing:
• Life Skills – Identifying issues, Strategies for Problem Solving, and Decision Making
• Vocational Assessments – Goal Setting: Setting and Achieving Short and Long-Term Goals/The Importance of an Action Plan
• Time and Personal Management – Attendance/Punctuality/Making Commitments
• Health – Health/Nutrition/Stress Management/Exercise and Fitness
• Communication – Effective Communication/Conflict Resolution
• Money Matters – Budgeting/Saving/Credit Card and other Debt
• Community Resources – Community and Social Supports/Field Trips/Guest Speakers
• Occupational Research – Skills at Work/Skills Training/Job Planning
• The World of Work – Employment Standards/Rights at Work/Workplace Culture/Employer Expectations/Job Maintenance
• Teamwork – Volunteering at PTP/Community Projects/Planning and Organizing/Skills needed for Teamwork
It is the Facilitator’s responsibility to ensure the highest standards in programming and delivery are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
• Overseeing all aspects of workshop delivery in person or via video conferencing
• Arranging guest speakers for some of the workshops
• Working closely with the Program Coordinator to ensure excellence in workshop content and design
• Liaising with Program Coordinator on a regular basis to assist in the development of Final Individual Plan of Action for each participant
• Bi-weekly case conferencing with Coordinator and/or Program Director
• Supporting Program Coordinator on participant intake, screening and selection process
• Responsible for administering pre- and post- program questionnaires
• Responsible for workshop evaluation at the end of 12-week period
• Preparing all reports and documentation as required by the Program Coordinator
• Preparing, administering, scoring and analyzing a battery of inventories/tests in conjunction with facilitator
• Education and experience in adult education, employment counselling and/or educational counselling
• Life Skills Coach certificate
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in workshop development and facilitation for participants who may have multiple barriers to employment
• Experience delivering programming to a multi-level literacy group with a variety of needs
• Experience adapting materials to meet the needs of participants
• Experience instructing and/or counselling adults who are facing multiple barriers to employment (one of which is literacy)
• Experience working in a community-based setting
External Posting Date: July 20, 2021
External Closing Date: August 2, 2021
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Claudia Abello at email@example.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. PTP will provide accommodation during all steps of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you need any accommodation.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!