Canada-Ontario Job Grant
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. We can help you apply for a Canada-Ontario Job Grant, and we will work with you to deliver the training you need. Please keep in mind that the training should be finished by March 31, 2023.
Key facts about this program:
- You can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs. The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer, like PTP.
- You must share the cost of training. Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute half of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- You can choose the individuals to be trained and the type of training necessary to meet their workforce development needs.
- Strategic priorities for this program include supporting unemployed individuals (the employer is willing to hire and train unemployed individuals to fill their job vacancies) and supporting job creation.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- The training should be finished by March 31, 2023.
Contact us about the COJG
Please send a query if you would like more information. We are ready to help!
Read more about the COJG program
The province of Ontario has more information on the COJG, including a training provider information sheet and answers to frequently asked questions.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant funding is provided by the Government of Canada with programs delivered by the Government of Ontario.