Assess and manage learning with CAMERA
PTP’s proprietary Communications And Math Employment Readiness Assessment (CAMERA) System allows you to assess and develop a learner’s abilities to manage workplace communications and numeracy tasks. CAMERA tests are the heart of the CAMERA System, a set of standardized, integrated resources that can be used to support learners engaged in upgrading. You must be a trained assessor to administer the tests.
CAMERA has three components:
- CAMERA tests, including a Placement Test that identifies a learner’s needs, and Stage Tests at set intervals, giving learners and opportunity to demonstrate skills and see progress.
- Signposts are the CAMERA system’s curriculum guidelines. You can use Signposts to identify what to teach and to monitor learning in specific Essential Skills.
- Learners complete activities in the CAMERA system’s workwrite workbooks link to secondary page, to develop and practice the Essential Skills they will need at work.
CAMERA 2021 assessor training
Interested in becoming a certified CAMERA 2021 assessor? We offer both online and face-to-face training.
- Online offers the opportunity to complete CAMERA Assessor training online, via Zoom, with a CAMERA Trainer. The training consists of five, 2.5-hour modules. Upon completion of these modules, participants are able to administer and score CAMERA. You are granted certification as a CAMERA assessor upon successful completion of the course.
- In face-to-face training, assessors attend a 2-day, in-person course. The course provides an opportunity to score learner-generated writing samples, in person, with other participants, and with CAMERA trainer guidance. You are granted certification as a CAMERA assessor upon successful completion of the course
CAMERA Refresher Course
The CAMERA Refresher is designed for previously certified assessors to become familiar with the updates made to CAMERA 2021 and revisit best practices for administering and scoring the CAMERA tests.
Workforce Literacy and Skills for Success workshop
This Workforce Literacy and Skills for Success workshop offers an opportunity to increase your knowledge of a workforce skills for success approach. During the workshop you will become familiar with the use of the CAMERA system resources. You will leave understanding the purpose of Signposts (Instructional Guide), build familiarity with the workwrite workbooks, and make the connections between Signposts, workwrite and workforce SfS programming.
|Training||Training Dates||Time||Registration Deadline||Cost||Pre- requisite|
|CAMERA 2021||February 13-17, 2023||1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST||January 27, 2023||$1500||Not Applicable|
|CAMERA Refresher||March 7, 2023||12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST||February 17, 2023||$375||Certified CAMERA Assessor|
|Workforce Literacy Workshop (Skills for Success)||March 21, 2023||12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST||March 3, 2023||$375||Not Applicable|
|CAMERA 2021||April 17-21, 2023||1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST||March 31, 2023||$1500||Not Applicable|
20% discount on CAMERA 2021 Training
If you are enrolling 3 or more participants, use the discount code 20%Training at checkout for 20% off CAMERA 2021 Training
Contact Heather Paterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-622-9208 to learn more about CAMERA training and becoming a certified CAMERA assessor.