Assess and manage learning with CAMERA
PTP’s proprietary Communications And Math Employment Readiness Assessment (CAMERA) System allows you to assess and develop a learner’s abilities to manage workplace communications and numeracy tasks. CAMERA tests are the heart of the CAMERA System, a set of standardized, integrated resources that can be used to support learners engaged in upgrading. You must be a trained assessor to administer the tests.
CAMERA has three components:
- CAMERA tests, including a Placement Test that identifies a learner’s needs, and Stage Tests at set intervals, giving learners and opportunity to demonstrate skills and see progress.
- Signposts link to secondary page ‘curriculum guidelines’ are the CAMERA system’s curriculum guidelines. You can use Signposts to identify what to teach and to monitor learning in specific Essential Skills.
- Learners complete activities in the CAMERA system’s workwrite workbooks link to secondary page, to develop and practice the Essential Skills they will need at work.
Interested in becoming a certified CAMERA 2021 assessor? We offer both online and face-to-face training.
- Online offers the opportunity to complete CAMERA Assessor training online, via Zoom, with a CAMERA Trainer. The training consists of five, 2.5-hour modules. Upon completion of these modules, participants are able to administer and score CAMERA. You are granted certification as a CAMERA assessor upon successful completion of the course.
- In face-to-face training, assessors attend a 2-day, in-person course. The course provides an opportunity to score learner-generated writing samples, in person, with other participants, and with CAMERA trainer guidance. You are granted certification as a CAMERA assessor upon successful completion of the course.
|Training Dates||Time||Registration Deadline||Cost|
|October 3-7||1:00pm-3:30pm||September 16, 2022||$1500|
|December 5–9||10:00am-12:30pm||November 18, 2022||$1500|
|If an organization enrolls 3 or more participants, use the following discount code for 20% off:
Contact Heather Paterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-622-9208 to learn more about CAMERA training and becoming a certified CAMERA assessor.