We help you with career planning
About the Program
In our career and employment counselling program, we start by meeting with you to put a plan together, and then continue to provide individualized, one-on-one employment counselling and support on a weekly basis. We provide additional support for those who are distant from the labour market and those who face barriers to finding and keeping a job.
If you have less than a Grade 12 diploma and need extra help finding a job because of literacy or language issues, we can help! Our services are open to anyone, but we specialize in working with people who have less than grade 12 and those who have literacy as a barrier. You can work one-on one with one of our employment counsellors to:
- Develop a long-term plan to meet your individual goals
- Discover and understand your interests, skills, strengths and skill gaps
- Get support and guidance about further education or training if required
- Get support with networking activities, making cold calls, and finding employers with job opportunities
- Improve your interview skills and create an effective resume
- Understand employer expectations, worker rights and responsibilities, and Canadian workplace culture
- Understand how to disclose a disability to employers and access workplace accommodations
- Gain access to modified materials and workshops if you are facing literacy or language challenge
Who is Eligible?
- Our career and employment counselling is open to Ontario residents who are 19 years and older. Our services are open to everyone, but we specialize in working with people who have less than grade 12 and those who have literacy as a barrier. Transportation support is available if you qualify.